We take your privacy and security very seriously and take steps to ensure that your personal information is only collected and processed as required by law and to the extent required to provide the service you have asked us to while ensuring your health and safety.
We want to ensure that you are in control of the information we hold about you and the way in which it is used, where such use is not controlled by law. Our basic measures in this regard is to never purchase personal data lists, collect only the information that we need, store it for only as long as it helps us to deliver a service to you, never share (other than when this directly relates to the service we deliver) or sell your information under any circumstances. We also ensure that we tell you how we will use your information and seek your authorisation to use it in any further way, for example if we intend to contact you with marketing messages.
Who We Are
Cawley Hotels (we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’) gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulation and laws. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and our obligations, and explains how, why and when we process your personal data.
Cawley Hotels Duck Bay Head Office Loch Lomond Alexandria G83 8QZ. We are registered on the Information Commissioner’s Office Register; registration number SC113099, and act as the data controller when processing your data. Our designated Appointed Person is Mr Stuart McLaughlin, who can be contacted at email@example.com.
Information That We Collect
Cawley Hotels processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
The personal data that we collect from is: –
• Date of Birth – if provided
• Home Address
• Personal Email – if provided
• Business Email – if provided
• Contact Number – if provided
• Copy of Passport - employee
• National Insurance Number – of employees only
• Copy of Passport - Guest if they are not from Britain, Ireland or the Commonwealth
• Your next destination – if you are not from Britain, Ireland or the Commonwealth
• Details of disability that may impact upon our emergency evacuation procedures
• Details of food intolerances and other dietary requirements
We collect information in the following ways: -
o Over the phone when you make a reservation
o In person when you make a reservation
o From our website booking engine when you make a reservation online
o On our website when you complete a contact form
o On our website and social media when you engage with our content by, for example, entering competitions
o In writing when you complete a form or enter a competition in person at an event, exhibition or at the hotel
o Application forms in writing and online
o From third parties such as employment agencies and websites
o Submitted CVs
o Forms you complete at Induction
o Non-employed application forms that are not offered employment will be destroyed.
How We Use Your Personal Data (Legal Basis for Processing)
Cawley Hotels takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw this consent at any time by email or letter.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: –
• We collect your personal data to provide a service (A room or restaurant reservation, wedding, event or business booking for example), to ensure that the service meets your requirements and so that we can keep in contact with your regarding that service
• We collect and store your personal data as part of our legal obligation for business accounting and tax purposes
• We collect and store your personal data as part of our legal obligation under the immigration (Hotel Records) Order 1972.
You have the right to access any personal information that Cawley Hotels processes about you and to request information about: –
• What personal data we hold about you
• The purposes of the processing
• The categories of personal data concerned
• The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
• How long we intend to store your personal data for - If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information that we, and we have a period of 30 days to amend / erase data; unless we have a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data, where this does not contravene legislation or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement.
Cawley Hotels takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place.
• Our website – we don’t take sensitive information.
• Our on-line booking site is secure with our booking system which is monitored by Hotec Ltd.
• Any printed information which is stored for statutory compliance is done so in secured storage room.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
When staying at a hotel in the United Kingdom you are required to provide a basic level of personal information under the Immigration (Hotel Records) Order 1972, where this law is not in affect you are not obligated to provide your personal information to Cawley Hotels, however, as this information is required for services, we will not be able to offer some our services without it.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Cawley Hotels only ever retains personal information for 6 years and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
Special Categories Data
Owing to the products and services Cawley Hotels sometimes needs to process sensitive personal information (known as special category data) about you, to ensure your health and safety during your visit. Where we collect such information, we will only request and process the minimum necessary for the specified purpose and identify a compliant legal basis for doing so. This is for the “management of health” and will be limited to food allergies and intolerances and disability which directly impact upon emergency evacuation procedures. This information can only be collected directly from the subject or their agent and as such consent to process is implied.
Lodging A Complaint
Cawley Hotels only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Mr Stuart McLaughlin
Cawley Hotels Duck Bay Head Office Loch Lomond Alexandria G83 8QZ
01389 751234 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Information Commissioner’s Office